Thursday, March 1, 2012

Review: A Perfect Blood

A Perfect Blood
A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



A PERFECT BLOOD is the 10th book in The Hollows series by Kim Harrison.  I recommend this book being read as part of the series as there will be some confusion if it were read as a stand alone. 

Rachel is a demon and now she has to deal with the consequences of the whole world knowing it. Because she is a demon, she is not a citizen; therefore, she has no rights. Her first goal is to get her car registered in her name and to get her drivers license back. The IS offers her the opportunity to reach that goal if she would just help them on a serial murder case. Rachel, Jenks and Ivy, along with Trent help in finding who is at the bottom of the mutilation and murder of multiple witches in the Cincinnati area. Rachel must do this without her demon powers and without her blood being able to invoke complex earth charms. Although the usual suspects are there to help, Rachel must come to terms with her demon abilities before it is too late.

This series just keeps getting better and better. By the 10th book in other series, I have already given up because the same stuff keeps getting regurgitated just to make a buck. I was so into this book that I didn't even take the time to update my Goodreads status. There wasn't just one instant that blew me away, the book had a grip on me and kept a tight hold. I found myself sneaking in reading while at work or visiting friends. Anything so I could just keep going.

Rachel seems to have grown. Ivy and Jenks are doing their thing and Rachel worries that they are going to grow apart as they all make a life for themselves. Rachel alleviates quite a few fears in this book. Her fear of being a demon, her fear of trusting Trent and her fear of losing her friends. The overall plot of the story is about the serial killings, but the meat of the story Rachel's growth and facing her fears.

When the book ended I felt bereft. What now? Now, I have to wait a year to find out what is next. I will be waiting eagerly for the next installment at the edge of my seat, fists clenched, teeth gritted in excitement.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I love this series as you do. I wonder if you join me in being a bit impatient about Trent and Rachel getting together? I felt it happening so many books ago and thought this might be the one. It seems a lot closer to it now, but I hope the next book brings it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was hoping there would be some movement in this book regarding Rachel and Trent. I can see why the author is taking it slow. Rachel has mistrusted him for so long, it wouldn't be realistic enough if she just threw them together. I'm enjoying watching them get closer :)

      Delete