Saturday, May 5, 2012

Review: Deadlocked


Deadlocked
Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



DEADLOCKED is the 12th book in the Sookie Stackhouse (Southern Vampires) series written by Charlaine Harris.This review may contain spoilers.

It is hardest for me to write a review on a book I REALLY liked. I REALLY liked this book. I've sat on it and ruminated on what I should write. I have typed, then deleted many witty and thoughtful statements. The last couple of books were liked, yet a little disappointing, because I couldn't see the big picture. DEADLOCKED brought a lot of light on what had been happening and why. There was so much going on. There was the usual murder mystery. Niall's closing of the gates to Faery and leaving many Fae to fend for themselves in America. Merlotte's is recovering from the fire bombing. Sookie's responsibilities at Merlotte's has increased, whereas Sam's responsibilities have decreased. Sookie is getting settled in with Claude and Dermot as housemates. Dermot is settling in best. Mustafa has asked for Sookie's assistance. The cluviel dor may not be as much of a secret as Sookie first thought. Felipe has come to town to investigate the disappearance of Victor and all his flunkies. Freyda has come to press her suit with Eric. Tara and JB are anxiously awaiting the birth of their twins. Jason and Michele are getting serious. Sam and Jannalyn are dating and Jannalyn seems serious about Sam and jealous of his relationship with Sookie. Secrets. It seems as if everyone is getting married, are married and/or having babies. Except Sookie. Sookie and Eric's relationship is strained from his engagement to Freyda and secrets Eric is keeping from Sookie. The resilience of their relationship will be tested. NOt much was happening for about the first 50% of the book. It was mostly a lot of introspection on Sookie's part. Then BAM, the climax hit and left me... wow.

Charlaine Harris's writing was as good as ever. As I said before, there were quite a few things resolved and I think I know where the series as a whole is going. If I am correct in my suppositions, I will be more than pleased with the culmination of the series. I admire Charlaine Harris's storytelling abilities, Her writing elicits a movie real in my head and I am able to easily visualize what is happening. Her books make me wish movies were as good as Ms. Harris's and my imagination combined.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment