Friday, February 3, 2012

Review: Blood Warrior


Blood Warrior
Blood Warrior by H.D. Gordon

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars



Blood Warrior is the first book in the Blood Warrior Series.

Alexa Montgomery is not your average teenager. She trains daily with her mother, not knowing why. She is urged routinely to always take care of her adored younger sister. She dreams of running away, but would never abandon her sister. This is the norm for Alexa until one night, her home is attacked by vampires. Alexa is left with a difficult choice, stay and fight with her mother, or get her sister to safety. The choice made, she begins the journey to discover the secrets held from her for the past 17 years.

When I first started this book I was utterly lost. If not for the fact I had to finish it and submit a review by the January 29th due date, I would have put it down. I struggled 30% in and was urged by fellow goodreads readers to push on. I'm not sure how far I was in when it happened, but I was grabbed and dragged the rest of the way through the book. I couldn't put it down and stayed up through the night to finish it. I have to agree with another reviewer that there was no climax! It was a build to the climax that didn't happen and we are left with a cliffhanger!

Some grammar and typos were distracting, I even found myself looking up word meanings to make sure I wasn't wrong about them being used incorrectly. With all that being said, I'm glad I continued on and I'm looking forward to the next installment.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment