Friday, February 3, 2012

Review: Toil and Trouble


Toil and Trouble
Toil and Trouble by H.P. Mallory

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Toil and Trouble is the second book in the Jolie Wilkins series.

Jolie Wilkins, a novice witch, prepares to battle Bella and her followers. Jolie's primary goal is to exact revenge on her former captor. All seems to go as planned... or does it.

I flew through Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble and went straight to Toil and Trouble. I was completely captivated for more than 50% of the way through the book. I would have given this book 5 stars had I not figured out a major plot point at that time. I had to force myself to continue to read the book. It finally pulled out of the slump about 80% of the way. A small change earlier in the book would have prevented the great disappointment I felt when I guessed an important component to the ending. I still recommend reading, as for the most part, I feel the writing was better than the writing in the first installment.

Thank you, H.P. Mallory for writing and for the affordable Kindle books.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment