Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Review: Third Grave Dead Ahead

Third Grave Dead Ahead
Third Grave Dead Ahead by Darynda Jones

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Charley Davidson Grim Reaper extraordinaire, caffeine addict and sleep deprived has many mysteries to solve in THIRD GRAVE DEAD AHEAD, the third book in the Charley Davidson series. I highly recommend reading the first two books in the series before reading this book. Not only would you be missing out on the stories, but you would missing many more laugh out loud moments, action, angst and sexual heat.

Charlie is continually being urged by Reyes to discover what she is truly capable of, while her father is encouraging her to quit the PI business. Charley has taken on a new missing person case and refuses to truly give her father's wishes credence. Charley must find Teresa before it is too late, she must also find the man Reyes was convicted of murdering ten years before, as well as who is poisoning the Rottweilers guarding the abandoned asylum. All of this on about two weeks without sleep and lots, Lots, LOTS of coffee. I was even a little sleep deprived myself so that I could finish reading this book!

In THIRD GRAVE DEAD AHEAD, Charley was still her witty, gritty sarcastic self, but I felt this book had a more serious tone and... I LOVED IT! With Reyes, Garrett, and now Donovan, Darynda keeps the romantic tension tight. Almost too tight. I wanted more resolution in this book; I didn't get it. I hope that means a big pay-off in the end.

Overall, I believe I enjoyed this book more than the two previous books, which is really saying something! Charlie is funny, sarcastic, a little vulnerable, and a great female heroine! I can't wait for the next book. I couldn't put this one down!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment